Code, projects, etc.
A lot of my stuff can be found on my github account. Some highlights and other projects follow.
- geoip-c – Ruby gem for Maxmind’s GeoIP databases. This fork adds support for IPv6-Country and Region databases.
- limited_sessions – Rack 1.2+ middleware to enable server-side session expiry. Includes an optional ActiveRecord 3 extension to delete stale session records. Plays nice with Rails 3 and other Rack-compatible frameworks.
- maxmind-rb – Ruby gem for Maxmind’s minFraud database. This fork cleans up the API and fixes some bugs.
- better_exception_handling – Rails 2.3 plugin that replaces
ExceptionNotifierand also adds in-app error recovery. For Rails 3, look at alternatives, such as the
- db_log_cleaner – Rails 2.x plugin to filter noisy PostgreSQL and MySQL log messages. Mostly unneeded in Rails 3, but also see the
- nested_discussions – Opinionated Rails 2.3 plugin to add nested discussions/comments.
- unprotect_attributes – Rails 2.x plugin to override
attr_accessible. For Rails 3, use
attr_accessible :as=>:some_scopeinstead. For Rails 4 (and Rails 3.2 with the
- .midnam for Triton Extreme (download) – A Mac OS X (10.2+) midnam file (patch list) and images for Triton Extreme.